Welcome

Grab a cup of coffee and stop by each day to read our stories of love, hope, inspiration and education. Just maybe you'll shed a tear or find yourself laughing. We do what we do because every animal deserves a place to call home.

Friday's Friends...Gypsy


Gypsy is one of the many great dogs at the shelter looking for a forever home.

Here is what Joanne, one of our volunteers who walks her everyday, recently wrote about her:

“Gypsy is such an affectionate dog. Everyday, when I walk through the door leading to her kennel (the 6th down on the right), I see her peering alertly from her kennel already waiting for me. I walk down the run, our eyes meet, and then she immediately goes right to the exit shoot, waiting for me to open it. Getting her out is so easy. She is very disciplined, knows all her commands, and listens so well. I bend down and kiss her – she now has lipstick on her cheek!! It‘s like she waits for me to give her that kiss “hello”. As soon as we get outside to the play area, she rolls over onto her back and waits for her belly rub, totally relaxed and happy with her eyes gently closing. After rubbing her belly for awhile, I say “O.K., Gypsy, come on, let’s walk” (she gets up…she understands). We walk side by side around the play area and then, when I kneel down to kiss and hug her again, she stops. She knows I adore her. Later, when I take her back to her kennel, I tell her I’m going to fix her blanket. She looks at me and doesn’t go on the blanket until I’m finished. Then she lies down, content and happy. She is very low maintenance. Just wants to be loved. I pray every night that she finds her forever home.”




See more information about Gypsy here. Please contact us on our website, www.shelterlink.com if you would like to foster Gypsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment