Welcome

Grab a cup of coffee and stop by each day to read our stories of love, hope, inspiration and education. Just maybe you'll shed a tear or find yourself laughing. We do what we do because every animal deserves a place to call home.

The Life...

I really have the life.

I get up each morning, eat my breakfast, and some dogs go outside to play.  There are always toys there for me, and nice people to toss them around.  I love to run after them.

Then I go back to my kennel.  I'm still happy.  I know lots of people will be walking the corridor looking for a dog to call their own. "There's a nice family, maybe they'll adopt me"- but they just moved on.  I guess I was the wrong color or breed for them.  I'm a pit bull and many people mistakenly think I'm a tough guy. Not so.  I love everyone.  In fact, it isn't well known but "Pit" stands for "People I Trust."

Won't you trust me to be the kind of pet you've always dreamed of?

                                                                                                                                                  Marty 1/10/11

The above work is written by Shelter Link volunteer, Marty.  Marty is the first volunteer at the Islip Animal Shelter.  He has been volunteering there now for six years.  Marty's experiences at the shelter have inspired him to write.  In fact, he has a collection of original poems and stories which I will be sharing here.  They give you an inside look into shelter life and are quite thought provoking.

Hammy, a sweet, gentle boy at the Islip Animal Shelter.

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment