Welcome

Grab a cup of coffee and stop by each day to read our stories of love, hope, inspiration and education. Just maybe you'll shed a tear or find yourself laughing. We do what we do because every animal deserves a place to call home.

One Person...


I came into the shelter and I was afraid.
As people came by, I sat back in my cage.
No one thought I was friendly, but I wanted to be.
I need one person to spend some time with me.

One day I was taken to a place called the pen.
It's a place I'd been to before, now and then.
But this time it was different, for you see
There were some nice folks looking at me.
I tried to be loving, but I was still shy.
I was returned to my cage, I guess I knew why.

I made up my mind, if I got another chance
I'd shake off my shyness and take a bold chance.

One day it happened, I was out in the pen
I couldn't let that shy thing happen again.
I was happy and loving, and felt the love back
I was playful and cute, really on the right track.

And all that effort paid off, you see
When the person watching said he'd adopt me.

I had found my one person, and he had found me.

Marty~ December 19, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment